Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Long Hiatus...

Welcome Back to Me!  It has been almost a month since my last post - and we are already 2 weeks into the school year!  Things are going wonderfully, I have a wonderful bunch of kids and a fantastic staff to work with. 

I am in the middle of my "Welcome to the Graphic World" unit, and have just discovered the website "Comics in Education" created by a teacher/cartoonist for his Masters thesis.  Check it out!  I have found that comics and graphic novels have greatly increased my student motivation to read - they actually go for the comics all the time, even at lunch and during breaks! 

Other interesting things that we are up to include: (Social 20) Dramatize the French Revolution in some way in a differentiated project looking at the development of nationalism; (Social 10) Media Madness & Globalization investigation (including a web quest and blog collaboration).  In Art 10/20 we are going to be starting an "Abstract from Nature" project using charcoal and chalk. 

I also found out on Friday that I will be teaching Leadership 9 this semester - but am not sure of what to do!  Any reader suggestions? 

I am also the teacher representative for our Student Council - and am looking for ideas here too!  We have our kick-off bash on Monday :)

Have fun in class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment