Sunday, July 25, 2010

Social Studies 10 & 20 Combined Planning Resource

I created this document to help me plan out how to teach all of the content in social studies 10 & 20, in a combined classroom.  Using the textbooks, "Perspectives on Globalization" and "Perspectives on Nationalism" from Oxford Canada I pulled common themes from the chapters to help unify the class - even if we are looking at different information there will be common themes that we can discuss.

I do not plan on using all of the information in each chapter, but will pull out information from the chapters in order to meet the specific learner outcomes.  Learner outcomes have been taken directly from the Alberta Social Studies Program of Studies, and are highlighted in grey throughout the table.

(Although, I do plan on using the textbook as our primary source since it is my first year!  I am not ready to reinvent the wheel quite yet... But watch for some exciting teaching and learning activities!)

Social 10 20 Scope and Sequence _ Fall 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment