Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Innovation & Collaboration

Well, with day two over, and the students coming in the morning, I am as ready as I am ever going to be :)
After spending two days with my team and really beginning to understand what collaboration is at CSS, I am more encouraged than ever.  The flexibility that is required is a challenge, but planning time and having grade level teams means that you are never going to be floundering by yourself.  I have completely enjoyed meeting everyone that I will have the extreme privilege to work with, and know that we are going to have an amazing year!

But, with the kids coming tomorrow I am understandably nervous!  I want to focus on my excitement and passion for what CSS is doing, but think I am still a little in shock that I even have this job, or moved to Calgary!  So, with less than 12 hours to go until 600 students descend on CSS and the year officially begins, I need to realize my new reality and focus!

I cannot wait to begin sharing more of the teaching and learning that is going on in my classroom, and less of my personal thoughts!  Please bear with me, if you are listening :)

ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment